To ensure the impartial provision of the test/calibration and inspection data and results to society and also safeguard the customer’s interest and right under legal circumstances and ensure the confidentiality of the test/calibration and inspection work, Civil Engineering Laboratory of Macau (hereinafter called “L.E.C.M”), states as follows:
1. LECM is providing test/calibration and inspection work based on the requirements set out in ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO/IEC 17020, and performing independent, impartial and accurate test/calibration inspection to test/calibration or inspection objects.
2. LECM shall not perform any activities that affect the impartiality of LECM. All LECM staffs shall strictly follow all requirements, not be affected by any factors that may influence the preciseness and conformity judgment of test/calibration or inspection results.
3. The impartiality and truthfulness of the test/calibration or inspection reports issued by test centers of technical departments of LECM shall not be affected and stressed for any abnormal business, financial activities or others.
4. LECM shall be responsible for the management of the all information obtained or created during the performance of laboratory activities, Personnel, including any grade of LECM staff, external providers of services and products), shall keep confidential all information obtained or created during the performance of laboratory activities, except as required by law.
5. All levels of LECM staff are committed to perform the work strictly in accordance to the above-stated standard, the requirements set-out in LECM internal management systems.
6. LECM established an internal management procedure for protecting the client’s information without prejudice. No confidential information shall be placed on public domain without customer’s authorization.
7. When LECM is required by law or authorized by contractual arrangement to release confidential information, the customer shall, unless prohibited by law, be notified of the information provided.
8. If LECM obtained the information regarding the client from sources other than client (e.g. complainant or other organization) shall be treated as confidential. LECM shall keep the information provider (sources) confidential, unless the prior consent from the information provider.